Edwin C. Majer, PE
Assign the right people. ~ Ned’s first step.
A strong start is critical for construction, education, or running a business. And whether choosing a project manager, central plant system, or our next design venture, Ned has been leading and designing with strength for decades.
As a young man, Ned got his strong start in the construction field at the University of Colorado. His passion and dedication at the College of Architectural Engineering was only rivaled on the slopes of the Rockies, where he could always be found after studies were done. Returning to Virginia, Ned was hired as an intern at GAA fresh out of school. Not long after, he was running the mechanical engineering department with company founders, including Ed Alvarado, as his mentors. He is now the President of GAA, and an invaluable resource and respected mentor to the rising generation at Gauthier, Alvarado & Associates.
For 35 years, Ned has been practicing Mechanical Engineering, and for most of those, he has also been managing projects, people, and more recently, this company. And in all those years and all those areas he has been committed to candor and loyalty with partners, employees, and clients. His experience, knowledge, and honesty have earned the respect and admiration of everyone he has worked for and everyone who has worked for him.
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, 1979
- Guidelines for Laboratory Design, Harvard School of Public Health, 1996
- Professional Engineer | 1985, Virginia, Maryland, and District of Columbia (NCEES)
- Certified Plans Examiner | Mechanical & Plumbing
- Value Engineering Certification
- Fairfax County Peer Reviewer
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Institute of Environmental Services (IES)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)